BUZZ 1 Electric Scooter
Finally viable electric transportation has arrived. The world will be a better, cleaner and quieter place as a result.
Many pioneering companies are carving their niche in this exciting new industry.
Cars, trucks, boats planes and motorcycles are either now available and in production, or are in the late stages of development.
Battery, charging and solar technology are developing and changing so quickly – We are right on the cusp of a revolution.
Elon Musk with his world changing Tesla cars started this revolution. Tesla have proven cars can be desirable, useful, beautiful, super fast and practical.
When it comes to electric vehicles – most people suffer with range anxiety, which is a worry that you will run out of electricity and be stranded. However, these days with fast charging, super charging, wireless charging, solar charging not to mention long ranges of vehicles – range anxiety is a thing of the past.
For many years, We (the people behind BUZZ) have been developing and building electric vehicles on a very small scale, more for our own education and interest than anything else. We firmly believe now is the right time to step into series production for affordable quality electric motorcycles.
The ethos behind our Buzz 1 model is based upon our passion. We have drawn inspiration aesthetically from designs of 50+ years ago – Automotive design has lost some of its freedom over the years as manufacturing techniques have changed and mechanical packaging of fossil fueled vehicles have standardized. Identities of vehicles are not so pronounced or different from those offered by other manufacturers, for example: a 2016 BMW does not look dissimilar to a Hyundai.
One of the wonderful attributes of electric vehicles is the freedom of design available. There is no longer the need to have a fuel tank, an engine, a gearbox, a drive train an exhaust system, and a cooling system – all of which take up a lot of space – and the placement of these systems is not so flexible.
Whilst we have nodded in respect to designs past- we firmly gaze forward in terms of technology and connectivity. The end result is a retro modern design which has an innate beauty and simplicity.
What you see here today are prototypes – this is not our finished design. We are working hard on this right at this point. The production model will morph into a more modern take on this classic shape.
We are gearing up for series production in June 2017.
This website was created in a couple of days for our Echelon launch. We were proud to be invited to this event in Ho Chi Minh City on November 18th 2016. It was a showcase for Investors and Innovators in Vietnam.
Please check back over the coming weeks for updates on specifications and photographs as and when we have the chance to upload them. Bear with us!
British engineered in Vietnam. Coming soon in 2017, pre-orders available from Jan 2017. Enquire via the contact form.
- The latest hub motor technology with high tech lithium-ion polymer batteries.
- Regenerative electric braking and hydraulic disk braking. This means when you brake, the REB system recharges your batteries.
- Lightweight (82 kg) compare to a Honda Wave (115kg) or a Piaggio (125 kg).
- Removable roof system with 50w solar panels to recharge your battery while parked and in transit.
- Slow reverse gear for easy maneuvering while parking.
- Super-strong Vinylester weather and corrosion proof GRP body-shell with sturdy steel tubular chassis.
Charging the BUZZ 1
- BUZZ 1 can be recharged from any home power outlet. as with all electric vehicles you have charging choices. from a slow 6 hour (overnight) charge to the ability to use a Fast charging system (to 80% capacity) takes 12 minutes.
- we are exploring Wireless charging which will soon be available. You park and the scooter is automatically topped up every night, so you always start the day with a full battery.
- The range of travel per charge is dependant on motor and battery choice. Currently our maximum range is 240 km, however new graphene batteries with 400km + range will be available in 2017
- Optional 50w solar roof system providing up to 30km range per day of range (based upon solar charging of 8 hours). Most city commutes are less than 30kms per day, you can enjoy transportation powered for free by the sun!
- All BUZZ bikes have connectivity to your smart phone. this is still work in progress.
- RFID remote control for switching your bike on or off (no keys!), as well as an alarm and electric rear wheel lock for theft protection and an immobiliser alarm.
- Phone mount and a hands free bluetooth speaker and microphone. You can take phone calls safely or listen to music while on the road.
- Phone-operated opening the luggage compartment or top box.
- You can also remotely check on your battery status and the location of your BUZZ from anywhere using your smart phone!
Delivery models are carefully designed to meet the needs of various businesses. Delivery boxes are available in a range of sizes. LED monitors to advertise your business with images, text and video are also available. You can remotely track your BUZZ 1 delivery bikes.
- 1000w BUZZ 1 bikes reach a maximum speed of 55 kph.
- 2000w BUZZ 1 bikes reach a maximum speed of 80 kph.
- 3000w BUZZ 1 bikes reach a maximum speed of 90 kph.
- 5000w BUZZ 1 bikes reach a maximum speed of 120 kph and do 0-100 kph in under 4 seconds!
BUZZ 1 bikes are fully future-proofed. Unlike other electric vehicles, our bikes have been designed with future upgrades in mind and the BUZZ 1 can be easily upgrade with the latest batteries or motors as technology improves.
To enquire about a BUZZ 1 or for further information, enquire via the contact us form.